We are VERY PROUD to have the wonderful School of Education on the campus of North Carolina Central University as our host sponsor. The School of Education is a wonderful facility with enough room and classes to accommodate our WordCamp event. We appreciate their willingness to help and want to make sure our attendees know more about the wonderful facility we will be using for the day.
The School of Education moved into its present facility in August 2000. It was named in honor of The Honorable Representative H. M. Michaux, Jr. of the North Carolina House of Representatives and was dedicated on June 15, 2007. The 109,000 square foot state of the art building also has full wireless capability. The mission of the North Carolina Central University School of Education is to prepare educational professionals to serve and inspire excellence in teaching, administration, counseling, communication, technology and other related services. The central focus of our mission is the development of leaders who promote social justice and dedicate themselves to the well-being of a global community.
The School of Education goals include the following:
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and advisement
- Demonstrate effective systems of candidate assessment and unit assessment
- Recruit, retain and graduate increased numbers of qualified candidates
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with public schools, the corporate sector, and the community
- Demonstrate excellence in scholarship, research, grantsmanship, and professional activities
- Demonstrate commitment to the SOE conceptual framework in programs, projects, and activities
- Recruit, retain, and strengthen faculty.
North Carolina Central University
School of Education
712 Cecil Street
Durham, NC 27707